Author Topic: Exhaust Adapter  (Read 1687 times)

whattodo

• View Profile
  • Roaster: Bullet R1 & Quest M3
  • Coffee equipment: Too many
Exhaust Adapter
« on: August 15, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
I ordered one 3 inch exhaust adapter from https://www.shapeways.com/. It looks they will be able to deliver the item at the end of August.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:34:21 PM by whattodo »

Bak Ta Lo

• View Profile
  • Roaster: Aillio Bullet (soon!), Quest M3
Re: Exhaust Adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »
Great, would like to see a pic of the results. What material did you choose?

RasmusDJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Roaster: Aillio Bullet R1
  • Coffee equipment: Rocket Evoluzione & Mazzer Kony E
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:42:51 AM »
I think its said that its best if its ASB plast, so it can stand the heat. I have an adapter at home, and its working pretty well. You just have to be aware of some things.

1: If you connect the fan directly on the exhaust pipe, it might change the airflow in the roaster. If the Roaster is on F1, and the fan on the pipeline is at full power to pull out the smoke, it might change the airflow completely.

2: When connect to the adapter and a pipeline, the heat inside the roaster is raising a bit. So it might be a bit more tricky to compare results ect.

3: People I have seen, have made an hanging range hood instead, that's just about 5-8cm above the exhaust, and it will catche all of the smoke.

I my self, has ended up just using my normal range hood, and it does the job.

Bak Ta Lo

• View Profile
  • Roaster: Aillio Bullet (soon!), Quest M3
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
I think its said that its best if its ASB plast, so it can stand the heat. I have an adapter at home, and its working pretty well. You just have to be aware of some things.

1: If you connect the fan directly on the exhaust pipe, it might change the airflow in the roaster. If the Roaster is on F1, and the fan on the pipeline is at full power to pull out the smoke, it might change the airflow completely.

2: When connect to the adapter and a pipeline, the heat inside the roaster is raising a bit. So it might be a bit more tricky to compare results ect.

3: People I have seen, have made an hanging range hood instead, that's just about 5-8cm above the exhaust, and it will catche all of the smoke.

I my self, has ended up just using my normal range hood, and it does the job.

Great, I will order the adapter, I just want to use it to get the smoke organized and up and away from the roaster, I will have an air gap, and then a cone funnel open up to my range hood. I found my my Quest M3 the need to guide the smoke up somewhat closer to the range hood, so it did not dissipate into the air and make the room smoky. But, you are right a direct connected pipe with fan suction then alters the roasters airflow a great deal, drawing in outside air into the roaster at a higher rate, I tried that and it was causing my M3 roasts to stall.

Firstcrack

• View Profile
  • Roaster: Aillio Bullet R1
  • Coffee equipment: Jura Giga 5, Aeropress
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:54:37 AM »
I used a flexible duct and drilled a hole in the garage wall.  Then put in it a platic hardware store dryer exhaust with a backdraft damper and inserted a bent wire from a common drycleaning clothes hanger to provide a latch open capability.  Closed when preheating and open when roasting. Smoke removal is very good and temp flux is not very noticeable. Using a nylon Shapeways 100mm adapter.

Yogomonoya

• View Profile
    • maxbet
  • Roaster: asdasd
  • Coffee equipment: asdasdasd
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »
The experience is so real, then how do we do it?